Sunday, April 7, 2013

Nutella Granola

This is another one of my granola recipes that I made for my wonderful sister. However, I think I may have eaten the majority of it. Oops. What can I say, it is just too good to let sit in the pantry! 


This granola taste delicious. It contains no oil or sugar! However, there is oil in the Nutella that I added to this recipe, which was definitely worth it. So I guess a very small amount of oil is the correct way of saying it. I have to say my favorite part (and my sister's too) are the whole hazelnuts. They add the perfect amount of hazelnut flavor in each bite. So for future reference, to get the best tasting spoonful, be sure to have a whole hazelnut in your spoon. 


My sister came up with the bright idea to add this on top of ice cream to add a little crunch and a chocolate hazelnut flavor. We have not tried this yet, but I believe that you would not regret it if you did. It would be absolutely scrumptious. I love adding crunch to everything I eat, lately. I am not sure why, but I know the next time I make homemade ice cream this granola will be sprinkled on top!



Nutella Granola
Adapted from My Whole Food Life

Ingredients:
2 cups hazelnuts unsalted

3 cups rolled oats

3 T cocoa powder

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup applesauce

2 T milk (I used almond milk)

1/2 cup maple syrup
¼ cup Homemade Nutella (or your ordinary Nutella...just won't be as healthy)

1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. 
2. Take 1 cup of the hazelnuts and grind them in the food processor. 
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground hazelnuts, the other cup of hazelnuts, oats, salt and cocoa powder. 
4. In a small saucepan, whisk together the maple syrup, applesauce, milk, nutella, and vanilla over medium heat until combine.  
5. Add the wet to dry and mix well. 
6. Spread mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. Mix every 10 minutes. Let cool before storing in an air tight container.  

*Keep an eye on the granola for the last 10 minutes because it gets done quickly within this interval. 

No comments:

Post a Comment