Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Honey Greek Yogurt, Granola, Blueberry-Apple Sauce, and Fresh Fruit: Perfect Breakfast!

Sometimes you need a little spice up to your breakfast! I definitely do at times. That is probably why I have been posting so many breakfast recipes. As I was looking through the recipes that I have posted thus far, I realized that they all are sweet and no actual meals. So I will be working on that. Studying has been getting the best of me, and time is limited.


I found this recipe on Sarah Britton's blog. It was a guest post from Green Kitchen Stories. Both of these blogs are great, and I highly recommend them for healthy tips and recipes! Everything that I have made from both of these blogs have be absolutely delicious. Also, not only are they delicious, but all the recipes are loaded with nutrition.



I have been wanted to find something nice and easy to bring to school for my lunch break. This has been the perfect treat! It is filling and seriously tastes so good. I never thought of combining apples and blueberries together, but let me tell you, it is an awesome combination. Recently, I have been using jars a lot, and I love them! They are BPA free because they are glass, and they seal tightly so nothing will leak out. Just so perfect! I highly recommend them.


Blueberry-Apple Sauce
Adapted from My New Roots

Ingredients:
1 cup blueberry (fresh or frozen)
1 apple, diced 
2 Tbsp. apple sauce (or sweetener of choice)

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. 
2. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. 
3. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender. If a chunky texture is desired use a fork.
4. Store in the refrigerator.

Yogurt, Granola, Blueberry-Apple Sauce Assembly
Blueberry-Apple Sauce 
Granola (I used homemade recipe soon to come)
Honey Greek Yogurt
Fresh Fruit (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi or any other fruit desired)

Place two spoonfuls of blueberry-apple sauce on the bottom. Then add 2-3 spoonfuls of granola. On top of the granola add 2-3 spoonfuls of honey Greek yogurt. Top with fruit and enjoy! 

I prepare this the night before and place it in the fridge to save time in the morning, and it keeps great!

No comments:

Post a Comment