Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fudgy Multigrain Cookies

Fudgy, chocolatey, healthy, and phenomenally delicious cookies! Seriously, though, these cookies are amazing! This is a cookie that could fool anyone. I do not think I can express in words how delicious they are! Let's just say...these are a MUST try in your kitchen.


I always love when I can find a healthy treat. I love it even more when it tastes like heaven. (Which this one comes close to.) The name of the cookies says it all. Fudgy Multigrain Cookies. They sure are fudgy! They also contain many grains: oatmeal, hemp hearts and spelt flour. Yes, they are cookies that melt in your mouth.



My mom loves them, my sister loves them, and I love them! (My dad is in Japan, so he has not had the chance to try them. But I am sure he would love them too.) You are probably getting sick of me raving about these cookies, but they are seriously so good. You just have to make them. I hope you like them as much as I do!


Fudgy Multigrain Cookies 
Adapted from My New Roots
Yields 32-34 cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashion oats
2/3 cup spelt flour (or any other whole grain flour)
1/3 cup hemp hearts, ground to powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup almond butter (or any other nut butter like peanut, cashew, hazelnut)
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, softened
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 milk (almond, coconut, dairy)
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Endangered Species 88% Dark Chocolate chopped)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line several large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together oats, spelt flour, ground hemp hearts, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix together softened coconut oil and nut butter until well blended. Add in remaining liquid ingredients.
4. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combine.
5. Add in chocolate chips and walnuts. For tender cookies, do not over mix the dough.
6. Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and the tops appear dry. Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment