Thursday, April 11, 2013

One Giant Banana Muffin

I had been craving banana bread for the longest time, and when my cousin told me she made banana muffins, I knew it was time for an experiment day in the kitchen. I grabbed some ingredients and started throwing stuff in a bowl and mixed away. Of course, tasting it as I went to make sure it would taste okay.


This recipe makes one jumbo muffin. You could probably get about three normal muffins out of if desired. However, this muffin only rises slightly, and once it is taken out of the oven it falls slightly. Since there is coconut flour in the muffin, if you let the batter sit, it will thicken up a bit.



This is definitely a winner of a recipe! My sister absolutely loves them. She even asked me to make them for her boyfriend when he comes this weekend. That is a big thing considering he is not a health freak like me. The recipe makes a very moist muffin. The chocolate adds a lot, so I would definitely not skip on it! Hope you enjoy it!


Giant Banana Muffin 
Yields 1 giant muffin or about 3 normal size muffins

Ingredients:
1 Banana
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. baking powder
1/16 tsp. nutmeg 
1/16 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. coconut flour
2 Tbsp. stevia (this could be substituted for any other dry sweetener)
2 Squares 80% dark chocolate, chopped (chocolate chips will work too...and you can always add more)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. 
2. In a small bowl, mix egg and banana. Make sure the banana is mashed well. 
3. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until combine. 
4. Line a large muffin tin with paper muffin tin. 
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. After those 20 minutes place a piece of tin foil over it if the muffin starts to get dark, and bake for another 5 minutes. 
6. Let cool slightly before indulging in the deliciousness! 

If you are going to make regular sized muffins, I would keep an eye on them for time wise. I have not made them this way, so I am not sure how long they would take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment