Monday, August 11, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars

I finally find myself back here. It has been quite awhile. With finishing up school and working way more than expected this summer, I have been way too busy! Thus, my kitchen time gets limited. However, just yesterday I had a baking day with my good friend Claire who has this awesome food blog Your Daughter's Kitchen


The slightly ironic thing about our baking day was that we never turned on the oven until we had to for our spare of the moment dinner. We made a Raw Peach Cashew Cheesecake, Zucchini Fig Pasta, and these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. The recipes for the others are soon to come!

The Raw Peach Cashew Cheesecake had to cool for about five hours. So Claire and I got a little impatient and hungry. We kept checking it and the progress of freezing it seemed non-existent. We were just sitting there talking, and Claire saw the picture of these bars come on Instagram. She showed me, and we both decided that we had to make them...So we did!

With only six ingredients, these bars are easily made on a whim! However, we realized that these too had to cool.. But let me tell you, it is totally worth it! They are absolutely positively scrumptious. They reminded us of puppy chow and fudge in one. If that doesn't sound amazing, I don't know what would!

The bars came from the blog Hungry Happens. I was just shown this blog this weekend, and I already love it! After eating these bars, I can't wait try many more things from here!




Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars 
Recipe from Hungry Happens
Yields 18 mini bars

Ingredients:
1 cup raw smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if needed)
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
1. Line an 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper
2. In medium to large size pan on medium-low heat, melt the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup together. Do not heat on high or the mixture may burn. Stir until throughly combine.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla. Then add in the oats.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
5. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until set.

Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy and eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment