Saturday, March 29, 2014

Delicate Peanut Butter Cookies and A Confession


For the love of peanut butter and cookies!! These lovely babies were a concoction from quite awhile ago, but hey, better late than never right!? So these cookies were inspired by my desire for some Christmas cookies. Yes, a long time ago. Of course, we had all kinds of other cookies in the house, but no healthy ones. So I hopped up off the couch, crutched to the kitchen and sat on a chair with my leg on another and stirred that dough. You are probably wondering what on earth I am talking about. Well, like in my previous post, I was hung up because of my surgery.


Thank God for my wonderful mother! If it wasn't for her, we would not have these wonderful cookies to enjoy. I mean she is amazing in many other ways too. Always there when you need her. Anyways to the cookies. I am quite obsessed with peanut butter...if you haven't figure that one out yet. It is definitely a staple food in my diet. Thus, after my surgery what was I craving? Well of course, peanut butter and cookies!


So what better than to put the two together to make peanut butter cookies! Some times I am amazed at how creative I am. These cookies are seriously amazing. My whole family loved them as well! Always a good thing. They literally melt in your mouth. These peanut butter cookies are more rich than sweet, which makes them absolutely perfect for my taste! And they are so easy to make! If I can make them while having one leg and two days out of surgery, I think anyone can manage these delicious cookies.


And now on to my confession. Well, there is a saying "third time's a charm". It just so happens that it took me three times of making these cookies to get pictures of them before they were eaten. Needless to say, they could have been posted long ago if my family (mostly I) didn't eat them so fast.

Peanut Butter Cookies
Yields 20 small cookies (1.5" to 2" round)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 egg white
1/4 cup spelt flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar and egg white, stir until mixed thoroughly.
3. Add the remaining ingredients.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and press down with a fork.
5. Bake for 5-8 minutes.
6. Let stand on pan for a couple minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
7. Allow to cool almost completely or they may crumble in your hands.

Enjoy! Try not to eat them all in one sitting. It is hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment